The biggest and finest ever release of Bluestacks is finally here! Bluestacks 3 is the best and most usable Android emulator that has been released so far. It caters to most of the needs and drawbacks or previous versions as well as its competitors. The biggest issue when installing Android apps on PC using either Bluestacks or Andy was lack of controls. Although games like Temple Run, Subway Surfers and Tapping games worked fine, the shooting and MOBA games could not run very well. These games are designed for touchscreens. Therefore, how to move the gun with mouse in shooting games in Bluestacks? Bluestacks 3 has come up with the ultimate solution for all our problems. It is faster and more powerful than ever.
After downloading Bluestacks 3, the first thing that we did was try out a shooting game. The main problem with previous emulators is the absence of any controls for shooting games. We all can agree upon the fact that shooting games are just better with mouse. No console or touchscreen can rival that. Therefore, when games like Modern Combat are released for Android, playing these games with touchscreen is a real waste. Now you can play Android’s shooting games with mouse for aiming and movement. It is available for every single Android game out there. All you need to do is to download Bluestacks 3 and follow the instruction given below. There are tons of other options available as well. We will explore all new additions to Bluestacks 3 one by one.
How to download & setup Bluestacks 3
Since the release of Bluestacks, the dev team has realized that the only way to go is offline installer! The previous installer was full of bugs since it had to download all the files during installation. With Bluestacks 3, you can download and install Bluestacks 3 using offline or standalone installer. Here is how to do it.
- Head over to this link to download Bluestacks 3.
- It will fetch the download file automatically.
- Once it has been downloaded, open exe file to start installation.
- The installation steps are pretty basic, same as almost every other.
- Once it has been done, launch Bluestacks 3.
- It will ask you to sign in with Google Account.
- Here you can either create a new account or just sign in with an existing account.
- Afterwards, enter your name and select preferred language.
- After the Google setup, Bluestacks 3 will ask you to sign up for premium service.
- It is pretty cheap and it gets rids of ads. Get it if you are interested.
- If you have done all the steps correctly, you will now see following screens.
That’s it! Bluestacks 3 has been installed pretty successfully! This window is showing the main screen of Bluestack’s App Store. All of the apps listed here are downloaded form Google Play Store. Whenever you open any app, it will redirect to Play Store link. Now we will look into how to install Android applications and games. Both using APK and Google Play Store.
How to install Android Apps using Google Play Store in Bluestacks 3
For this method to work, you need to be signed in with Google Account. If, for some reason, you have chosen not to use Google Account, then you cannot use this method. However, we recommend that you use Google Account since it makes installing apps and games much easier. Here is how to do it.
- At the start of Bluestacks 3, you will be in Home tab.
- Click on “App Center”.
- Here you will see all sorts of apps and games available.
- This interface is created by Bluestacks 3 but all apps are linked with Google Play Store.
- You may either search for any app or click on any app from current list.
- It will redirect you to Google Play Store in new window.
- Here click on Install and the game/app will be installed in “My Apps” section.
If you want to access Play Store directly, then follow these steps:
- Click on “My Apps” in main menu.
- Now click on “System app” icon there.
- It will show a small list of system Apps installed.
- Click on Play Store icon.
- It will open Play Store in Bluestacks 3 in new window.
- That’s it! Now you can use Play Store like any other Android device.
How to install Android app/games in Bluestacks 3 using APK
There are lot of applications and games that are not available in Play Stores of certain regions. Or in some cases, games or apps that are available in very limited regions. In such a case, you need to download and install an APK manually. Here is how to install any apk on Bluestacks 3.
- First of all download the APK that you want to install on Bluestacks.
- You can download this APK form any source.
- Next, open Bluestacks, click on My Apps.
- Now click on icon “Choose APK”. It has a Plus icon.
- In file selector, choose the downloaded APK and press OK.
- As soon as this button is pressed, you will be taken back to My Apps menu.
- There will be revolving icon on new App’s icon. It means that is being installed.
- The new app will be installed in few seconds.
- Now just click on the App’s icon to run it.
That’s all. The dev team has made the installation of APK in Bluestacks 3 easier than ever. It is far more efficient and stable than before.
How to Assign custom Keyboard and Mouse controls to any game in Bluestacks 3
This is the module where Bluestacks 3 trumps all of its competitors. It has the most immersive set of options for setting custom controls. Here I will use the example of a shooting game and how a mouse can be used for movement. Until now, we needed to press the mouse key and drag on screen to move guns and aims. Now, there is an option to assign certain aim to mouse and you can move it around only by dragging the mouse. Rest of the options are same as before. Users can add a D-Pad, a slider, shake device, add custom keys anywhere on screen. Here is how to use this function.
- Run any game in Bluestacks.
- Let is load properly to main screen.
- After all controls are loaded, press the keyboard button at bottom of screen.
- In this screen, set all the custom controls that you want.
- For the shooting games. you need to put arrow shaped button at center of your gun’s aim.
- Press Save after setting all keys. Otherwise these key mappings will be lost.
- Here’s how it looks.
- To activate the mouse aim using drag, you need to Right-Click once. Do the same to get out of this mode.
This is how you add any custom keys or even mouse for shooting games in Bluestacks 3. This is pretty cool and works flawlessly. Give it a try. It would just make the shooting games of Android way more fun!
How to use Multiple Instances in Bluestacks 3
A totally new, never seen before function has been introduced. Many gamers have more than one gamer IDs. Now it is possible to use multiple accounts of same game at once. In Bluestacks, you can create multiple instances with multiple Google Accounts. This way, play as many COC accounts as you like! Moreover, if the game ID is not Google, then you may clone current Bluestacks and login with another ID in second, or whatever instance. Here is how to do it.
- In Home of Bluestacks 3, open My Apps tab.
- At the bottom of screen, click on the multiple instance button.
- Now it will ask you to either clone or make new instance.
- Choose the one that suits you.
- Either way, you will be directed to a Bluestacks opened in new window.
- Now use it to play same game in multiple accounts.
- The number of additions made to latest version of Bluestacks are really massive. It now takes better advantage of computer’s hardware. The games feel pretty smooth. Feel free to try it out and leave your comments below.
- If you have any questions, let me know in the comments below